HomePage NoteBook HardDrive UsedComputer
- the Smolt wiki gives detailed information about computer hardware components, if and how they are supported by the Linux operating system and the different Linux distributions.
- the Free Geek wiki talks a lot about recycling computers ( UsedComputer )
- Infocompra: in Español
- WikiBooks:How To Build A Computer apparently created 2005-01-20 ?
- WikiBooks:Buying_A_Computer] apparently created 4 Feb 2005 ? /* was WikiBooks:Buying_A_Computer */
- “SubNotebook?” http://www.geekfarm.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SubNotebook
- “KeyDrive?”, “USB Keychain Drive” prices http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?UsbKeychainDrive
- digital cameras: http://visual.wiki.taoriver.net/moin.cgi/PhotoWiki , http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?DigitalCamera , WikiPedia:Digital_photography, http://www.chat11.com/Digital_Camera_Basics , http://www.chat11.com/Do_You_Need_A_Digital_Camera , http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/HCL_Cameras … (which of these is the “right” wiki for talking about digital cameras ? Or should the “buying a camera” be completely split from “using a camera” ?)
- FreekiWiki: the Free Geek wiki. There are Free Geek dropoff points in Portland OR, Michiana IN, Ephrata PA, Olympia WA, Columbus OH, and Chicago IL. People donate old computers. People who want a computer can volunteer to spend a N days fixing computers, after which they get one of them. Or people can pay a low price to get a used computer (fixed by someone else) right away.
- The OLPC Wiki (one laptop per child). And the related One Laptop Per Child: Development wiki. One could argue that this is not a hardware-oriented wiki: “It’s an education project, not a laptop project.” — Nicholas Negroponte. needs wikinode
- Zimbio: Laptop Reviews (This is a wiki, right? Needs WikiNode.)
- Alas, the “Hard wiki” appears to be offline. 2007-08-24
the computer-component-wiki in center-wikis
Ummm… Is there already a wiki on this subject: http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/BuildingAPC ?
Thanks for noticing that page, but no, not really, that’s not another wiki on building a PC but simply a single page of the WikiLearn? wiki which aims to cover a lot of topics related to open source software and programming. There is a cross-reference both ways, but this wiki, devoted only to building PCs, is probably the appropriate one to continue to develop on the subject of building PCs. (Can I say that in fewer words – probably, I’ll try next time I happen by, or someone else can take a stab at it. – Randy Kramer, 11/9/04)
inclusion of oddwiki-center-en: wiki-list